Heralding festive season with feast of music
• Allen Temple AME Church: Presents a candlelight service at 7.30pm featuring The Somerset Brigade Band, Tiffany Fox on violin, Dwayne Foster on saxophone and The Allen Temple Senior Choir and guests. A free will offering will be lifted. 2 Temple Lane, Sandys.
• St Paul AME Church: Under the chief patronage of Lovina Flood and the distinguished patronage of Edwena Smith, the choir of St Paul AME Church presents its Annual Christmas Concert. Honorary patron, Cecil Smith. Featuring guest soloists and students from The Bermuda School of Music. 6pm in the sanctuary. Patrons $35; general admission, $25. Tickets available from the church office on 292-0505 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information look for St Paul on Facebook. 59 Court Street, Hamilton.
• St John’s, St Monica’s & St Augustine’s Anglican Churches: Join our Christmas Carol Fest at 7pm at St Augustine’s church. 18 St Augustine’s Road, Pembroke.
• St Monica’s Church: All are welcome to join our watch night service starting at 10.30pm 8 St Monica’s Road, Pembroke.
• Hamilton Seventh-day Adventist Church: Come worship with us at 43 King Street. Sabbath school starts at 9.15am and, immediately following at 11am, divine worship. For additional information regarding other services and events, call the church office on 292-7885.
• Widows fellowship group: Every third Saturday from 4.30pm to 6pm at Vernon Temple administration office. Telephone 297-2101 or 704-3077.
• Bilingual worship (Spanish/English): 6.30pm at Warwick Seventh-day Adventist Church Fellowship Hall, 92 South Shore Road. Call 236-0077 or 537-4857.
• New Testament Church of God Healing Centre: All are welcome to attend our Free Mart every second Saturday in each month from 8am to 3pm. Everything is free. 84 Somerset Road, Sandys.
Centenary United Methodist Church: Invites you to join us for our worship service every Sunday at 11am at the corner of Collector’s Hill and South Shore Road, Smith’s. Pastor, Rev Dick Stetler; organist, Sheila Smith.
• Greater Love Christian Fellowship: Invites you to join us at Heritage Worship Centre each Sunday from 8am-9.15am. We exist to provide love and care for one another through sharing each other’s needs, burdens and joys. 59 Dundonald Street, Hamilton.
• Church of Christ Paget: Join us in Hallett Hall, Bermuda College each week for Sunday School at 10am, morning worship service at 11am and evening worship service at 4.45pm. All are welcome.
• St Philip AME Church will have its church school every Sunday at 9.30am 293-0882.
• Emmanuel Baptist Church, 35 Dundonald Street, Hamilton, invites people to its 11am services.
• Richard Allen AME Church at 23 Queen Street, St George invites you to join them for their morning worship and praise service at 11am and their church school at 9.30am. Call 297-0239.
• The Salvation Army at 6 Governors Alley, St George welcomes all for services at 11am and 6pm.
• Wesley Methodist Church at 41 Church Street, Hamilton, invites all children to Sunday school at 10.30am. All children are welcome. Call 292-0418.
• Southampton Seventh-day Adventist Church community giveaway every third Sunday of the month including clothing, food and shoes from 1-4pm at the church Fellowship Hall on Middle Road, Southampton. Call 238-1080 or email@example.com. Church school from 10.30am to 11.30am, morning worship at 10am.
• Ebenezer Methodist Church at 7 York Street, St George invites children of all ages to Sunday School at 11am.
• Somerset Seventh-day Adventist Church at 6 Beacon Hill, Somerset holds a free giveaway of clothing on the fourth Sunday of each month from noon to 4pm.
• Midland Heights Seventh-day Adventist Church at 145 North Shore Road, Hamilton Parish offers free clothing for all ages on the first Sunday of each month from 10am to 12pm and the second Sunday of each month from 12pm to 2pm.
• Marsden First United Methodist Church at 151 South Shore Road, Smith’s invites all to attend its 10.30am worship service with Pastor Joseph Whalen. Darryl Simons is the minister of music with Tony Cox, Derrick Simmons and Dennis Francis of the Praise Band. For more information: 293-7045, firstname.lastname@example.org or www.facebook.com/MarsdenFirstUnitedMethodistChurch.
• Heard Chapel AME Church: We extend a warm Christian welcome to our church school at 9.45am. All are also welcome to join our 11am service with Rev Terry Hassell. The scripture will be Isaiah 61: 1-4, 8-11, and the sermon topic, “A Season of Joy”. 42 Glebe Road, Pembroke.
• House of Prayer International Ministries: Please join us for our weekly praise and worship service at 11.15am at 25 Marsh Folly Road, Pembroke.
• Bahá’ís of Bermuda: All are welcome to join our devotional gatherings at the Bahá’í National Centre in Hamilton (entrance on Brunswick St) at 11am on the first Sunday of every month. For more information telephone 292-2723, 293-3517 or visit www.bahai.org.
• Church of God of Prophecy: Join our Sunday school at 9.45am and our 11am worship service. District overseer is Bishop Earl W. McKay. 3 Curving Avenue, Pembroke. Call 335-0984.
• Baha’i Faith: Weekly discourse on the betterment of Bermuda spiritually, socially, educationally and intellectually. Held in Baha’i homes between the parishes of Warwick through Sandys. Time: 6.30pm-8pm. Contact Randy Vaucrosson on 504-1844 for more information.
• St Andrew’s Presbyterian Church (the pink church on the corner of Church and Court Streets) will have its prayer group in the sanctuary, 12.45pm to 1.15pm. The group meets on the first and third Monday of each month to pray.
• First Church of God on Sound View Road, Somerset is running a TLC Institute Community School, Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 2.30pm. Call 234-0492 or email@example.com.
• Church of God of Prophecy: Join Prayer First Mondays at 7pm. District overseer is Bishop Earl W. McKay. 3 Curving Avenue, Pembroke. 335-0984.
• St Philip AME Church at 102 Harrington Sound Road, Smith’s will hold its Tuesday night prayer and Bible study from 7pm to 8.30pm. Telephone 293-0882.
• The First Church of God at 75 Sound View Road, Somerset is hosting Daily Bread’s free dinner from 4-6pm.
• New Life Church of the Nazarene: Prayer and Bible study at its location on Collector’s Hill, Smith’s, at 7pm.
• The Bermuda Bible Institute: A Bible study at TN Tatem Middle School, 7pm to 8pm. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 537-6480 for information.
• St Philip AME Church: Prayer and Bible study, 102 Harrington Sound Road, at 7.30pm.?
• Midland Heights Seventh-day Adventist Church, 145 North Shore Road, Hamilton Parish: Free clothing for all ages at our boutique which is open on the third Tuesday of each month. From 11.30am to 1.30pm.
• House of Prayer International Ministries: Please join us for our weekly Bible class at 7.30pm at 25 Marsh Folly Road, Pembroke.
• The First Church of God at 75 Sound View Road, Somerset holds a TLC Bible study for worshippers of all ages at 7.30pm.
• Church of Christ Paget: Join us at 7pm at Bermuda College in Brock Hall, (the room across from Coco Reef), for our midweek Bible class. All welcome.
• Widows fellowship group will be meeting every second Wednesday from 4.30pm to 6pm at Bethel AME Church. Contact Hope Lowe on 297-2101 and 704-3077.
• Richard Allen AME Church at 23 Queen Street, St George has a Bible class every Wednesday at 7.30pm. For more details telephone 297-0239.
• St John’s Church on St John’s Road: Prayer meeting at 1pm.
• Catalyst Men’s Fellowship: Bible reflection and prayer from 1pm to 2pm second Wednesday each month at Cathedral Hall, Church Street.
• Mt Zion AME Church’s weekly Bible study at 7.30pm. See www.mtzion.bm for details.
• St Andrew’s Presbyterian Church: (Pink Church on the corner of Church and Court Streets across from drive-in bank.) Bible Study, Wednesdays, (except first Wednesday of each month) held in the parlour in Astwood Hall at 5.30pm. Led by our pastor, Rev Judith Gardner.
• Hamilton Seventh-day Adventist Church welcomes all to a weekly prayer meeting. Service starts at 6.30pm. Call 292-7885.
• Bright Temple AME Church: Community Bible study at noon with Gloria Francis. Join us at 28 Spring Hill Road, Warwick.
• Church of God of Prophecy: Join us for Bible study at 7.30pm. District overseer is Bishop Earl W. McKay. 3 Curving Avenue, Pembroke. 335-0984.
• Heard Chapel AME Church: Join us for our midweek prayer meeting and Bible study at 7pm at 42 Glebe Road, Pembroke.
• Bahá’í Faith: Weekly discourse on the betterment of Bermuda spiritually, socially, educationally and intellectually. From 7pm-8.30pm at Bahá’í National Centre. Contact Wayne Symonds on 516-9672 or Anthony Ball on 293-2517 for more information.
• Bermuda Islamic Cultural Centre: Islam In Focus. Tune to ZBM radio 1340 AM, 6.15pm-7pm for Islamic news, world affairs, Holy Koran teachings.
• Nehemiah Bible Conference Institute Revival Assembly: Every week at 23 Ewing Street, 7.30pm to 9pm, call 238-5983.
• Grace Methodist Church: Join us for Bible study from 2pm-3pm with Rev Dr Gwyneth
Lightbourne at North Shore Road.
• Heard Chapel AME Church: Join us for our YPD meeting at 7pm at 42 Glebe Road, Pembroke.
• African Hebrew Israelites: New World classes on the African Edenic Presence in the Bible and the Holy Land; spiritual uplifting classes, at Dellwood Middle School from 6.30pm to 8.30pm. Phone 294-4134.
• e-mail notices you would like featured before Thursday at noon to email@example.com with the subject “Around The Churches”
Street shocked at death of American teenager
HSBC criticised over missing money
Fury aimed at ‘dangerous dog’ owner
Three-vehicle crash in Pembroke
Dombroski memorial Mass to be held tomorrow
MPs ordered to attend proceedings
Mobile vet service expands
Key places in Dombroski investigation
Man dies after Front Street fight
Sandys 360 staff paid $500,000
Baby died on first day at nursery
Goverment reallocates $2.5 million
Collaboration uncorks a social way to unwind
Women helping to build racial bridges
Chronixx, Beres Hammond to star in Bermuda
Take Our Poll