A raft of business legislation will go before MPs today in the House of Assembly, as well as a Bill tightening the island’s crime-fighting regime.
MPs are set to debate the Companies Amendment (No. 2) Act 2017, along with the Payroll Tax...
- FULL ARTICLE
- Friday Sep 22, 2017 8:00 am
Collaboration and cordiality were the orders of the day as a new group of senators gathered for their first debate on the...
- Sep 22, 2017 8:00 am
The economy and jobs for Bermudians were among the major topics discussed in the Senate yesterday as the Throne Speech was...
- Sep 21, 2017 8:00 am
Patricia Gordon-Pamplin says she has evidence of a planned trip to New York involving politicians, including David Burt, the...
- Sep 20, 2017 8:00 am
An investigation is under way to determine whether police personnel leaked images connected to a planned trip to New York...
- Sep 19, 2017 8:00 am
“Children first and families first.”
That was the overriding message from the Bermuda Government last night as it hosted...
- Sep 19, 2017 8:00 am
A Bermuda delegation participated in a plaque exchange on the cruise ship MS Aurora.
The meeting came...
- Sep 19, 2017 10:31 am
Children whose parents cannot afford homes with large yards will benefit from a Throne Speech pledge to protect public open...
- Sep 19, 2017 12:01 am
David Burt, the Premier, has dismissed a trip to meet would-be gaming operators in New York as a “figment of the imagination”...
- Sep 18, 2017 8:00 am
Opposition leader Patricia Gordon-Pamplin came out fighting in her reply to the Throne Speech, accusing the Progressive Labour...
- Sep 16, 2017 12:01 am
Assertions that the One Bermuda Alliance overspent on the America’s Cup were attacked as “political grandstanding” and...
- Sep 16, 2017 8:00 am
- Burt: OBA omitted $13m budget spend
- Burt: independence talk ‘counterproductive’
- Immigration discussions this month
- House: scrutiny over recruitment policies
- House: Wilson’s healthy rallying cry
- House: praise for Carifesta performers
- House: community cash back funds dry up
- Burch shock at BLDC finances
- Burt explains Throne Speech funding plans
- PLP quashes rumours on independence
- Praise for triathletes
- Throne Speech meeting rearranged
- Father, son make history in House
- PLP supporters come together over victory
- Health concerns put sugar tax back on the agenda
- Government praised for focus on ‘the needs of the people’
- Parties dress to impress for Parliament opening
- Living wage is PLP priority
- Live: Throne Speech
- Minibuses will boost school transport
- Lister pledges to forge togetherness
- MPs’ pledge to the people
- Scott: time is ripe to revisit independence
- Lister, Burgess named Speaker, Deputy Speaker
- Public invited to PLP’s Friday victory bash
- OBA calls for equal job opportunities
- Travel expenses website to be upgraded
- Pathways minister quits politics
- PLP wants to promote alternative energy
- Brown prioritises immigration and passports
- Police certificate needed for work permits
- Former principal Simmons is new senator
- Foggo sinks teeth into new Cabinet role
- New faces given junior ministerial roles
- PLP urged to tackle wealth gap
- Attorney-General’s concern over lawsuit files
- Mathias heads up OBA youth wing
- Brown to consult on immigration reform
- Young team key to PLP victory
- OBA is ‘ducking cold truths’
Cashless gaming concerns
Local chef strikes gold
Island Trading undergoes ‘switch-over’
Living wage: what will the impact be?
Upbeat troops await Maria in Grand Turk
How the Spirit of Emily lives on
Licence warning leaves sour taste
Restaurant plans Court Street drive-through
A hard rain’s a-gonna fall
Cyberthreat posed by ‘script kiddies’
Take Our Poll
- What will be the best way to create needed new jobs?
- Attract more international companies
- Grow the population
- Reduce the number of non-Bermudian workers
- Develop new business sectors other than international business and tourism
- Retrain the workforce
- Total Votes: 5529
- Poll Archive