Space Heater Rules
Advice on electric heaters
The fire service has issued safety advice on electrical space heaters.
• keep heating equipment at least 3ft away from anything that can burn;
• do not plug power cords into an extension cord;
• turn off heaters when you leave a room or go to bed;
• inspect for cracked or broken plugs or loose connections;
• avoid using or storing flammable or combustible liquids nearby.
The Bermuda Fire and Rescue Service said in a statement: “Fire is fast. In less than 30 seconds a small flame can turn into a major fire.
“It only takes minutes for thick black smoke to fill a house or for it to be engulfed in flames.”
For more information, e-mail FireProtection@gov.bm.
• To see the advice flyer, click on the PDF under “Related Media”
The Loft: a new private-function venue
Committee investigates airport protests
Witness to be examined in Madoff case
Brown delivers broadside at Health Council
Genealogist donates life’s work to Bermuda
Young lands regular role on Oprah show
Scott demands Civil Service clarity
Call to show solidarity with women
Dunkley questions ‘extra’ Civil Service job
UK MP calls for action over Partnership Act
Family crucial to success of children
Passionate about benefits of hemp
Uncle Bob’s parting shot is value for money
St George’s Club members call for help
Police officer cleared of threatening man
First phase of Caroline Bay nearing finish
Take Our Poll