A three-week period featuring the sale of Validus to AIG, a major profits warning from Aspen and reports that XL is in takeover talks with Allianz has placed the future of the Bermuda market front and centre.
The corporate developments...
- FULL ARTICLE
- Friday Feb 16, 2018 8:00 am
There is a global insurance gap, and it’s a big one. Natural catastrophes caused $350 billion of economic losses last year,...
- Feb 16, 2018 8:00 am
Aspen has closed its Bermuda-based US property insurance unit, a move that impacts three members of staff.
The unit was...
- Feb 16, 2018 1:23 pm
One of the most severe years for catastrophe losses has proven to be a “stress test” for Lancashire Holdings.
- Feb 15, 2018 12:23 pm
Mike McGavick believes XL Group is poised for strong earnings growth in the coming years as a stand-alone company — and he is...
- Feb 15, 2018 8:00 am
Windstorms since the start of the year are expected to cost European insurers more than $2 billion, according to Aon...
- Feb 15, 2018 8:00 am
Hurricanes and earthquakes could be described as the bread and butter of catastrophe insurance and reinsurance.
- Feb 14, 2018 8:00 am
Catastrophe losses impacted earnings at Argo Group, however the company reported a $28.9 million profit, or 95 cents per...
- Feb 13, 2018 7:49 pm
PartnerRe has announced an exclusive agreement to work with agricultural precision technology leader Farmers Edge that it says...
- Feb 13, 2018 9:39 am
Arch Capital Group beat forecasts and finished the year strongly with net income of $203.5 million, or $1.46 per share, for...
- Feb 12, 2018 6:17 pm
A scholarship for university students has been renamed to honour the late CEO of one of Bermuda’s largest domestic insurance...
- Feb 9, 2018 1:39 pm
- Fitch: more dealmaking probable this year
- Sirius secures $300m credit facility
- Essent profits receive $85m tax-reform boost
- XL shares surge on buyout interest report
- Axis CEO: previous actions tempered losses
- BII raises profile with new CEO
- Best comments on US tax change impact
- Aspen CEO: results ‘well below acceptable’
- Bermuda signed up 17 new captives last year
- Butterfield is new CEO of BII
- Luck appointed to key Lloyd’s board
- White Mountains invests in Kudu
- Blue Capital books double-digit rate rises
- Assured Guaranty reinsures Syncora business
- Validus launches new cyber-risk product
- Everest Re profit beats expectations
- Barbican launches new Bermuda unit
- Enstar takes full ownership of KaylaRe
- Chubb appoints new chief claims officer
- Sompo completes integration of business
- Validus takes a hit from wildfires
- XL profit falls to $28.3m
- Armour acquires Elite’s run-off business
- Huff: Bermuda market proves reliable partner
- XL Catlin hires Kopach from Everest
- Tax writedown drives RenRe to $3.5m loss
- Blue Capital reports no profit or loss
- Costliest weather disasters buffeted insurers
- Willis Towers Watson assists charities
- Wildfires hit Chubb’s income
- Enstar acquires Novae legacy business
- Ashworth joins Sompo International
- Aspen executive leaves after heavy losses
- Aspen ‘deeply disappointed’ with performance
- XL Catlin stays top of Pacesetter Index
- QIC profits fall to $115m
- Axis realigns to become ‘future-ready’
- QIC progressing its global expansion plan
- Fitch: Bermuda’s benefits go beyond tax
- AIG signals minimal change at Validus
Burt faces PLP opposition over 60:40 rule
Popular mariner to be buried at sea
Notional salaries set to be targeted
Cautious welcome for new sugar tax
Taxi drivers to pay new $1,000 annual charge
Pensions to rise at rate of inflation
Lawsuit launched over same-sex marriage
Cannonier’s OBA future in doubt
Bermuda open for business
Live updates: Budget 2018-19
XL rumours put focus on Bermuda’s future
Burt’s bill for personal staff is $227,000
Pair accused of trying to shoot man dead
Maybury makes mark as new Gazette cartoonist
Take Our Poll